Gro-Sure Fine & Luxurious Lawn Seed 100m2
- Brand: Westland Horticulture
- Product Code: WES010
- Availability: In StockDelivery: Within 3 working days
- RRP: £37.95
Save £5.00 (13%)
This 3kg bag of Gro-Sure Fine & Luxurious Lawn Seed from Westland is a blend of superior grass seed varieties to create show-stopping lawns. It is ideal for starting a new lawn, over-seeding worn grass and also filling in bare patches. This 3kg bag of seed will cover an area of up to 100 square metres, creating a lawn that feels and looks luxurious . The seed is treated to help deter birds from feeding too.
- Seed is treated to significantly improve germination and for quicker establishment
- Fine-bladed grass for a beautiful, lush lawn
- Feels and also looks luxurious
- Maintains colour all season long
- Will grow on any soil type
- Seed treated to help deter birds from feeding
- High disease resistance
What to Expect
In good conditions blades of grass can usually be seen in under 3 weeks, however, if the conditions are unfavourable this may take considerably longer.
When to Use
Lawn seed may be sown from March to October. Ideally sow during March to May or September to October. Lawn seed grows best when the soil temperature is consistently around 10—18°C. If conditions stray out of this range, time and rate of germination can be negatively impacted
How to Sow a New Lawn
- Prepare the soil by clearing away any debris and weeds
- Dig over the soil, breaking down any lumps and tread the soil to firm it again. Level with a rake
- Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 30g/sq. m
- Lightly rake into the surface
How to Thicken an Existing Lawn
- Remove any weeds. Mow the lawn closely. If the ground is compacted aerate using a garden fork
- Spread Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing to fill any shallow holes and to level-out the surface
- Shake the box to mix up the seeds. Sprinkle in 2 passes at right angles to each other at rate of 25g/sq. m
- Lightly rake into the surface
Lightly firm the ground by walking over it or use a roller. This will press the seed into the soil
Water thoroughly using a fine-rose watering can or sprinkler, taking care not to wash the seeds away
Water daily until established. In very hot conditions water late in the day once the sun has gone down. It is better to water thoroughly once rather than several times lightly
Mow for the first time when grass is 5-8cm high. Gradually lower the cutting height to about 2.5cm
After 8 weeks we recommend feeding with Aftercut Ultra Green Plus Lawn Feed
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Should I cover the seed?
A. The seed should be sown onto and lightly raked in to the soil surface and no deeper than 1-2cm. A germination sheet (or fleece) can be used to speed up the germination stage but should still be removed upon emergence
Q. When can I use a Weed Feed & Moss Killer?
A. Your lawn must be older than a year before using this type of product
Q. Does this contain ryegrass?
A. This mixture contains a blend of fine leaf fescue varieties, no ryegrass
Q. Can I use this blend in a high wear area?
A. This mixture does not thrive in areas with a lot of foot traffic, it is much better to sow it in a show area with little to no foot traffic where the grass can establish and grow
|Within 3 working days|
|Delivery charges apply to Highlands & Islands.|
Surcharge applies for Highlands and Islands