Classic Bow Top Gate
- Brand: BIC
- Product Code: BIC003
- Availability: In Stock
The Classic Range of Bow Top Gates are constructed using solid steel with a traditional wrought iron gate appearance. The classic and elegant design will grace your pathway for years to come whilst offering excellent value for money. This gate can be supplied with either a primed or galvanised and powder coated finish.
|FRAME||20mm x 6mm|
|INFILL BARS||10mm Diameter|
|HINGES & LATCH||Included|
|WIDTH TOLERANCE||+/- 10mm|
|FINISH OPTIONS||Black Primed or Galvanised & Powder Coated|
Available in the following options:
- 2ft 6in - Fits gap width 762mm (2'6") - Height 1753mm (69") - £84.95
- 2ft 9in - Fits gap width 838mm (2'9") - Height 1791mm (70.5") - £86.95
- 3ft 0in - Fits gap width 914mm (3'0") - Height 1830mm (72") - £88.95
- 3ft 3in - Fits gap width 991mm (3'3") - Height 1867mm (73.5") - £90.95
- 3ft 6in - Fits gap width 1067mm (3'6") - Height 1905mm (75") - £92.95
Zinc Plated & Black Powder Coated Finish
- 2ft 6in - Fits gap width 762mm (2'6") - Height 1753mm (69") - £97.95
- 2ft 9in - Fits gap width 838mm (2'9") - Height 1791mm (70.5") - £99.95
- 3ft 0in - Fits gap width 914mm (3'0") - Height 1830mm (72") - £101.95
- 3ft 3in - Fits gap width 991mm (3'3") - Height 1867mm (73.5") - £103.95
- 3ft 6in - Fits gap width 1067mm (3'6") - Height 1905mm (75") - £105.95
50mm (2") square Gate Posts that are pre-drilled and designed to be concreted into the ground are also available in either a primed or galvanised & powder coated finish.
How to Measure Gates
For the width, measure the gap you have between your walls or posts. If you are replacing an existing gate, do not measure the gate itself as this will not take into account the space for the hinges and latch that are supplied with your gate.
For example, if the measurement between your walls is 3ft. You should order the 3ft gate. If you also require posts, the space taken by the posts will be in additional to the gap required for the gate, so a 3ft gate and 2 posts will require a total opening of 3ft 4in.
The height measurement of the gate is from the bottom frame to the highest point in the gate.
When installing your gate, remember to allow for ground clearance, typically 50mm (2") or more if your ground slopes.
Primed. With a primed finish, a black undercoat is applied at the factory. The gate will then need to be painted before installation with a suitable exterior metal paint, such as Hammerite, then repainted every 4 or 5 years to protect the metal. This option allows you to paint the gate in any colour of your choice.
Galvanised & Powder Coated. With this option, the steel is electro-galvanised to add a thin layer of zinc on the steel to prevent rust. The gate is then powder coated in a black paint to give a smooth satin finish. This option allows the gate to be hung straight away and will be maintenance free for 5 to 10 years. Once rust starts to show, the gate should be painted with a suitable exterior metal paint such as Hammerite.
Fittings. The Classic Bow Top Gate is supplied with hinges, latch and latch keep. Please note the hinges and latch keep require a flat vertical surface for installation.
Opening Directions. The Classic Bow Top Gate is supplied with a universal latch for left/right hand opening.
Square Steel Posts. Posts are only required if you do not already have walls or posts in place on which to hang the gate.
|Within 10 working days.|
|Delivery charges apply to Highlands & Islands.|
Surcharge applies for Highlands and Islands