Saxon Flat Top Double Gate
- Brand: BIC
- Product Code: BIC045
- Availability: In Stock
The Saxon Flat Top Double Gates are constructed using solid steel for a traditional wrought iron gate appearance. The decorative spear finials create an attractive driveway gate at an affordable price. This pair of gates can be supplied with either a primed or galvanised and powder coated finish.
|FRAME||25mm x 10mm|
|INFILL BARS||12mm Diameter|
|HINGES & LATCH||Included|
|WIDTH TOLERANCE||+50mm / -10mm|
|FINISH OPTIONS||Black Primed or Galvanised & Powder Coated|
Available in the following options:
- 7ft - Fits gap width 2134mm (7') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £149.95
- 8ft - Fits gap width 2438mm (8') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £164.95
- 9ft - Fits gap width 2743mm (9') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £179.95
- 10ft - Fits gap width 3048mm (10') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £194.95
- 11ft - Fits gap width 3353mm (11') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £209.95
- 12ft - Fits gap width 3658mm (12') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £229.95
Zinc Plated & Black Powder Coated Finish
- 7ft - Fits gap width 2134mm (7') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £179.95
- 8ft - Fits gap width 2438mm (8') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £194.95
- 9ft - Fits gap width 2743mm (9') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £209.95
- 10ft - Fits gap width 3048mm (10') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £224.95
- 11ft - Fits gap width 3353mm (11') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £239.95
- 12ft - Fits gap width 3658mm (12') - Height 950mm (37.4") - £259.95
If our standard sizes won't fit, a made to measure service is available for this gate.
70mm (3") square Gate Posts that are pre-drilled and designed to be concreted into the ground are also available in either a primed or galvanised & powder coated finish.
If you are installing directly onto brickwork, due to the weight of the gates, care should be taken to ensure the brickwork is strong enough to support them. Steel posts which are concreted into the ground are recommended to avoid damage to brickwork.
How to Measure Gates
For the width, measure the gap you have between your walls or posts. If you are replacing an existing gate, do not measure the gate itself as this will not take into account the space for the hinges that are supplied with your gate.
For example, if the measurement between your walls is 10ft. You should order the 10ft gate. If you also require posts, the space taken by the posts will be in additional to the gap required for the gate, so a 10ft gate and 2 x 3in posts will require a total opening of 10ft 6in.
The height measurement of the gate is from the bottom frame to the highest point on the gate.
When installing your gate, remember to allow for ground clearance, typically 50mm (2") or more if your ground slopes.
Primed. With a primed finish, a black undercoat is applied at the factory. The gate will then need to be painted before installation with a suitable exterior metal paint, such as Hammerite, then repainted every 4 or 5 years to protect the metal. This option allows you to paint the gate in any colour of your choice.
Galvanised & Powder Coated. With this option, the steel is electro-galvanised to add a thin layer of zinc on the steel to prevent rust. The gate is then powder coated in a black paint to give a smooth satin finish. This option allows the gate to be hung straight away and will be maintenance free for 5 to 10 years. Once rust starts to show, the gate should be painted with a suitable exterior metal paint such as Hammerite.
Fittings. The Saxon Flat Top Double Gates are supplied with hinges, latch and drop bolt. Please note that the hinges require a flat vertical surface for installation.
Opening Directions. The Saxon Flat Top Double Gates can open in both directions. The latch is fitted to the right gate when viewed from the road. The drop bolt is fitted to the left gate.
|Within 10 working days.|
|Delivery charges apply to Highlands & Islands.|
Surcharge applies for Highlands and Islands